Just in time for your Oscar Night party this weekend! Sparkbooth now includes a Hollywood Award theme and layouts.
Latest Sparkbooth photo booth releases and updates
Sparkbooth maintenance update changes include:
- Optimized several themes to improve CPU usage. If you were experiencing slow downs with some themes, please update.
- Added camera setting to flip video vertically. Some Windows 8 laptop webcam are sending video upside down. Go to Camera settings and check “Flip vertically” to correct the video
- Fixed saving of Custom Uploader settings
- Fixed urls in help links
- Improved Mac update installer
Announcing Sparkbooth 3.6! This update works with the Sparkbooth Layout Creator. Sparkbooth Layout Creator is a visual drag and drop editor for creating your own photo layouts / templates. The Layout Creator is free to all Commercial license customers. There are also new features for Consumer license customers, check out the change list below!
Changes in this release:
- Chinese New Year theme and photo layouts
- Hypnotic animated loading messages
- Cycle through different Twitter tweet texts. Under Captions setting for Twitter uploaders, separate tweet text by using “;”. This will help with Twitter preventing tweets of the same value
- [Commercial] Guest Facebook upload can display Like dialog for your Facebook Page. After guests post the photo to their Facebook account, they can “Like” your Facebook Page. Increase fans for your Facebook page! This is a Commercial feature you can enable under Setting > Commercial. Do not forget there is already an automatic Twitter Follow option under Commercial settings!
- [Commercial] Import Sparkbooth Layout files created using Layout Creator. Try out the Sparkbooth Layout Creator now.
- Other minor fixes and optizations
Upgrade to Sparkbooth 3.6 from 3.5 by pressing the update link on the About screen, or press the Download button below.
Sparkbooth 3.5.51 update includes:
- New Years Eve theme
- Optimize Winter Holiday theme
- New photo layouts with backgrounds (New Years Eve, Winter Holiday, Thanksgiving, Halloween)
- [Commercial Only] Automatically follow Twitter account for Guest Twitter uploader
- New upload image
Sparkbooth 3.5.50 update includes:
- New Holiday Winter theme
- Send It Later is now an email option for the Photo Album. Great for sending emails later if you do not have an internet connection during the event.
- Import/export settings. Go to Settings > Commercial > scroll download to Import/Export Configurations. Use this to copy your Sparkbooth settings between computers. Note: Does not export save locations, layout backgrounds, layout overlays, camera selection, printer selection, custom voice mp3s.
- Auto create save subfolders. Go to Settings > Saving > check ‘Create new subfolder per day’. Useful for automatically clearing photo album of previous day’s photos.
- Enable printer setup on start up. Go to Settings > Printing > check ‘Printer setup dialog on start’. Use this if you need to configure your printer using Sparkbooth’s printer Setup and Test
- Add configuration links in Photo Album settings
- Do not disable email in Guest Upload Chooser if emailer is not ready
And here are a couple Holiday backgrounds for the square “2 x 2 Top, 4 x 6 Portrait”. To save to your computer, right-click and select “Save Target/Link As…”Download Sparkbooth 3.5
- New Fall/Thanksgiving Theme
- Photo Album sharing button replaced by separate Facebook, Twitter, and Email buttons
- Photo Album sharing settings moved to Settings > Photo Album > Sharing
- Fix Facebook upload login
- Do not display upload error on skip
- Fix video disconnect after switching themes
- Fix button position of prompts for small screens
- Fix cancel shortcut disabled if color shortcut was disabled
- Fix prompt form skipping
And here are a couple Thanksgiving backgrounds for the square “2 x 2 Top, 4 x 6 Portrait”. To save to your computer, right-click and select “Save Target/Link As…”Download Sparkbooth 3.5
Sparkbooth 3.5.44 is now available for download. Changes include:
- Album button show thumbnail of last photo
- Resized layout preview to fit inbetween buttons
- MailChimp subscribe results logged to sparkbooth-mailchimp.txt
- Photo upload results logged to sparkbooth-upload.txt
- Fix display ‘spacebar to begin’ message on start up
- Fix virtual keyboard focus at end of text input
- Notifications can be formatted
- Will automatically initialize online services when computer goes online
This update adds a new Halloween theme and Witch voice to Sparkbooth. To enable, go to Settings > General > Theme > select “Halloween”, and Settings > Voice > select “Witch”. Hope you enjoy this new theme and matching photo layout background:
This update also includes a number of changes to the Photo Album:
- In Photo Album Kiosk, it displays a notification when the connection to a remote folder is not available. And will recover the connection when the remote folder is available again.
- New “Home” button on the Photo Album screen to help jump back to the first page with the most recent photos.
- New Photo Album maximum thumbnail setting (go to Settings > Photo Album). If you are experiencing lock ups, it could be too many photos are being loaded at once. Use this setting to reduce the number of thumbnails display which will use less memory and might prevent lock up issues
Changes to 3.5.37 include:
- Today Facebook will be enforcing breaking changes to their authentication process. This affects the Commercial custom Facebook app sign in. Facebook has also started showing a scary the security warning text on their sign in success page. This update fixes the custom Facebook app for these changes, and you will no longer see the security warning. If you have previously setup a custom Facebook app, you will need to add an application domain at http://developer.facebook.com/apps for your app and add a callback url in Sparkbooth. The video tutorial for creating and setting up your custom Facebook app has been updated for this. If you have an existing Facebook app, here are some update instructions.
- New prompt setting to allow photo to be sent to multiple accounts (by emails, guest Facebook, guest Twitter, or Send It Later prompts). Go to Settings > Prompts > check “Upload photo to another account”. This is useful for sending the same photo to multiple guests.
- “Send It Later” uploader has option to not clear uploaded photos. This option is useful if you want to upload photos to more than one destination. For example, if you had prompted for email address – you can now email guests their photos, and then upload to your Facebook page
- Remove delay between count down and photo being taken. Previously there was a half second delay from the end of the count down to photo being taken.
- Auto enable Show banner when selecting banner image.
Sparkbooth 3.5.35 is now available. Changes include:
- Improve layouts for small screens (smaller than 800 x 600)
- Add touch/hold lower left corner to toggle lock. Useful for touch screen users!
- Auto lock app on start up option
- Re-enable virtual keyboard to app lock password
- Cancel session during prompts and preview
- Improve refreshing of album mode
- Ready email provider for Guest Upload Chooser
- Spaced not allowed in settings url and api input fields
- Spaces not allowed in license unlock dialog
- Ctrl+F should not toggle fullscreen when locked
- Prevent minimizing when locked