Last week Facebook made a change to their sign in process that affected Sparkbooth’s ability to upload photos to Facebook. Sparkbooth, Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk, and Sparkbooth DSLR have been updated to handle this change. Please update if you use the Facebook uploaders in any of those applications.
Facebook enabled photo booth software. Post photos to your Facebook page or guests’ own account. Even use your own custom Facebook app.
New graduation theme and layouts are now available in Sparkbooth 3.8.13. Other changes with this release:
- Cancelable count down
- Update callback url for Facebook, Twitter, and others
- Optimize printing
- Optimize previews
Sparkbooth 3.8.9 update is now available. This update allows you always send photos into the Send It Later queue regardless of the selected uploader. So you can select the one of the “Guest” uploaders to allow guests to post photos to their own Facebook or Twitter accounts. Then later after the event, you can upload all the queued photos to your Facebook page or other location.
To use this feature:
- Go to Sparkbooth Settings
- Go to Uploading and select “Guest Upload Chooser”, “Guest Facebook”, or “Guest Twitter”
- Check the option at the bottom of to “Queue into Send It Later”
Now as photos are taken, guests will be given the option to upload to their Facebook or Twitter account, and the photo will be queued in “Send It Later”. After the event, you can go to the “Send It Later” upload settings and upload photo to a Facebook page or other upload location.
Just in time for March Madness, Sparkbooth now includes new themes and layouts for Basketball and Soccer! Also new to Sparkbooth 3.8:
- Scaled up 4 x 6 layouts to 1200 x 1800px. Your existing backgrounds and overlays will continue to work. If you update them to the new size, they will look better when printed.
- Switch Twitter uploaders to new Twitter service. The old service will be shutoff soon.
- Improved Facebook login to only allow login
Announcing Sparkbooth 3.6! This update works with the Sparkbooth Layout Creator. Sparkbooth Layout Creator is a visual drag and drop editor for creating your own photo layouts / templates. The Layout Creator is free to all Commercial license customers. There are also new features for Consumer license customers, check out the change list below!
Changes in this release:
- Chinese New Year theme and photo layouts
- Hypnotic animated loading messages
- Cycle through different Twitter tweet texts. Under Captions setting for Twitter uploaders, separate tweet text by using “;”. This will help with Twitter preventing tweets of the same value
- [Commercial] Guest Facebook upload can display Like dialog for your Facebook Page. After guests post the photo to their Facebook account, they can “Like” your Facebook Page. Increase fans for your Facebook page! This is a Commercial feature you can enable under Setting > Commercial. Do not forget there is already an automatic Twitter Follow option under Commercial settings!
- [Commercial] Import Sparkbooth Layout files created using Layout Creator. Try out the Sparkbooth Layout Creator now.
- Other minor fixes and optizations
Upgrade to Sparkbooth 3.6 from 3.5 by pressing the update link on the About screen, or press the Download button below.
Changes to 3.5.37 include:
- Today Facebook will be enforcing breaking changes to their authentication process. This affects the Commercial custom Facebook app sign in. Facebook has also started showing a scary the security warning text on their sign in success page. This update fixes the custom Facebook app for these changes, and you will no longer see the security warning. If you have previously setup a custom Facebook app, you will need to add an application domain at http://developer.facebook.com/apps for your app and add a callback url in Sparkbooth. The video tutorial for creating and setting up your custom Facebook app has been updated for this. If you have an existing Facebook app, here are some update instructions.
- New prompt setting to allow photo to be sent to multiple accounts (by emails, guest Facebook, guest Twitter, or Send It Later prompts). Go to Settings > Prompts > check “Upload photo to another account”. This is useful for sending the same photo to multiple guests.
- “Send It Later” uploader has option to not clear uploaded photos. This option is useful if you want to upload photos to more than one destination. For example, if you had prompted for email address – you can now email guests their photos, and then upload to your Facebook page
- Remove delay between count down and photo being taken. Previously there was a half second delay from the end of the count down to photo being taken.
- Auto enable Show banner when selecting banner image.
Sparkbooth 3.5 is now available in both Consumer and Commercial editions. Both deliver an easy and affordable way to set up an instant photo booth at any location or special event. The new Commercial edition includes advanced capabilities for event planners, business professionals and service providers.
Change new to Sparkbooth 3.5:
- New animations for countdown and previews
- Added new Retro theme
- Added Photobucket uploader
- Added Google+ / Picasa uploader
- Added more 4 x 8 layouts
- No longer need to pre-install Adobe AIR runtime
- Commercial only features:
- Photo album kiosk mode
- Take wide 4 x 6 photos, not just square photos
- Customize Facebook uploader share link
- Customize Twitter uploader share link
Sparkbooth 3.5 is available immediately. The Consumer edition is priced at $59, and the Commercial edition at a special introductory price of $100. Free trial versions are available for both.
If you have already own a Sparkbooth 3 license, this is a free upgrade. Sparkbooth 3.5 is a separate install, so you will need to activate it with your license key. If you want to upgrade your license key to a Commercial license key, please stay tune – upgrade pricing will be available soon.Download Sparkbooth 3.5
Facebook recently made some changes to their service that affected the Facebook uploaders in Sparkbooth. Sparkbooth 3.4.28 addresses these changes which include:
- Clear previous Facebook session for “Guest Facebook” uploader. So the previous guest’s email is no longer displayed on the sign in screen.
- Fix “Malformed access token” error when signing into Facebook.
- Fix saving of max guest print setting
- Prevent application minimize when locked
The Sparkbooth 3.4.20 update provides some changes to the Facebook and Guest Facebook uploaders to handle changes to Facebook apps. Facebook provides apps 2 weeks before expiring access. So you will need to re-authenticate your access periodically. The Facebook uploader now shows this expire date. Please update if you use the Facebook uploader.Download Sparkbooth 3.4.20
The Sparkbooth 3.4.13 update is a maintenance update to fix the following issues:
- Fixed tumblr uploader on Macs
- Removed F key shortcut for toggling fullscreen mode. Please use F7 instead.
- Fix Facebook uploader prompted sign in on start up. Facebook recently removed offline permissions which caused this issue.
- Remove apps from Facebook uploader. Facebook no longer allows photo uploads to an app, please use an app page instead.